1. On Sunday, Sept. 30, the Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center hosts the 11th Annual Mushroom Festival. The Connecticut Valley Mycological Society will lead mushroom identification walks, as well as present a show of unusual fungi. Challenge your palette with the culinary creations of local chefs and enjoy live music and locally produced beverages. Tickets to the festival are $12.50 per person for members and $15 for non-members and include four food tickets to sample mushroom related dishes. Call the Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center at 860.536.1216 for more information or advanced tickets.
2. Take a cooking class on ravioli from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday at the Gray Goose Cookery in the Olde Mistick Village. The $40 per person class will focus on crab and asparagus with alfredo sauce, pear and gorgonzola with balsamic reduction, sausage and broccoli rabe in red sauce. Call the Grey Goose Cookery at 860-536-5306 to reverse a spot in the class or to sign up for some of the upcoming classes featuring brunch, Italian comfort food and more.
3. In the Stonington-Mystic Patch Directory you can browse through the restaurants in Stonington, Mystic and Pawcatuck and then write a review. Simply click 'Rate this Business' underneath the business name on the listing. If the restaurant you click the 'Know a business or place missing from our directory? Add it!' button after the search and we will be happy to get it posted as soon as possible.
4. Ed Sullivan was born on Sept. 28, 1901.
5. Today's thought: “Dream in a pragmatic way." — Aldous Huxley