1. Casey Zahn presents “,” at 7:30 p.m., at the Mystic Congregational Church. The presentation will give tips on getting children involved in their family history.
2. The in Mystic is the best dinner spot with a saltwater view according to Connecticut magazine’s Best of Connecticut 2011 issue. The magazine wrote, “It’s all about blue views at this oft-celebrated Mystic landmark set high on a hill overlooking Mystic Harbor and beyond to Fishers Island Sound…” What local restaurant do you think has the best view?
3. is accepting registrations for Mandarin Chinese classes. Classes are $120 for 10 classes or $15 for one class. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
4. The city of Philadelphia held a Liberty Loan parade on September 28, 1918. The parade is thought to have begun the outbreak of the 1918 flu pandemic in the city, which killed an estimated 30 million worldwide.
5. Today's thought: "The thing that's important to know is that you never know. You're always sort of feeling your way."—Diane Arbus