1. It’s at the brought to us by . Soul Surfer will begin at 8:15. Bring a picnic dinner, blankets and beach chairs. Movies are subject to cancellation due to inclement weather, anticipation of inclement weather or wet surfacing.
2. It’s the last Friday the 13th of 2012. There were three months, including July, in 2012 where the 13th day of the month fell on a Friday. Here is some Friday the thirteenth trivia:
Any month that starts on a Sunday will have a Friday the 13th.
According to National Geographic , Friday the 13th means a tough day at the store. "It's been estimated that in the [U.S] $800 or $900 million is lost in business on this day because people will not fly or do business they would normally do," said Donald Dossey, founder of the Stress Management Center and Phobia Institute in Asheville, NC, in an article on Friday the 13th.
People around the globe are superstitious about Friday the thirteenth.
3. The is seeking for the annual Village Fair. The fair takes place on Saturday, August 4 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Volunteers are needed for set-up, clean-up, food tenet, prize table, raffle and children’s game area. Shifts are available for particular shifts. Call Noreen Kepple at 860-535-2476 or email her at email@example.com to sign up to volunteer or for more information.
4. Grab some French Fries. Today is National French Fries Day. According to mental_floss, McDonald’s has been know to give away free fries on National French Fries Day.
5. Today's thought: "If you want to be happy, be." —Leo Tolstoy