1. Stop by the Gray Goose Cookery at 5 p.m. and get a lesson on knives. Their Knife Skills 101 costs $15 and takes place from 5 to 6 p.m. You’ll learn the basics of knives and make a appetizer.
2. Come out for a night of ice cream and fun to support a team of Stonington High School students on their quest to raise money for the Relay for Life. Team Forever Young is hosting a fundraiser at Mel's Downtown Creamery on today from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Twenty percent of all sales during those hours will go to the cause.
3. Thanks so much to Mystic Boathouse Restaurant and St Mark's Toddler Playgroup for recently claiming their directory listings on Patch. If you have a business in Stonington, Mystic or Pawcatuck that you want listed on Patch for free or want to claim email Editor Bree Shirvell.
4. Nov. 13, 2012 is Whoppie Goldberg’s 57 birthday.
5. Today's thought: "The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose." —Heda Bejar