At times, promoting your local business to a larger market can take a huge monetary toll on your company. Fortunately, there are countless cheap, and even free ways to reach out to local consumers and increase your company’s awareness.
Read the following tips to learn how your business can expand itself to a wider market and become a more successful company because of it.
1. Attend Local Events: Local business and networking events provide a great opportunity for your business to connect with your target market, and build relationships with likeminded peers. Sign up for trade shows, networking lunches, business seminars and workshops to become more well known in the community. Make sure to bring your business cards and follow up with people you meet. For information on a variety of local business and networking events, check out the Clarity Quest blog.
2. Join Trade Organizations: Many local trade organizations and associations are available to help professional peers meet, connect, and collaborate. Get involved with one or more of these trade organizations to gain valuable insight and advice for your business, and increase your company’s awareness amongst professional peers. Moreover, many of these trade organizations offer many benefits to members such as seminars, workshops, coaching services, and other resources to help your business thrive.
3. Get your website on local online directories: Countless of are available to help your business optimize its online potential. Services such as Yelp, Google Place, Bing, Express Update, Hot Frog, etc… are all online directories that will freely and efficiently help your company gain more online awareness that will expand its market.
4. Put up posters or business cards in public places: Business cards are an easy and cheap (or even free if you use services like VistaPrint) way to promote your business. Put your business card around local community centers, gyms, libraries, and office buildings. This is an extremely simple way that your company can increase its local awareness to a wider market.
5. Write for local publications: Local publications are always looking for new content to put in their papers that their market will find valuable. Doing so may guarantee your company a byline where it can add in its contact information and URL. With your company’s name on a variety of blogs and websites, such as Patch.com, your business’s Google ranking will improve and credibility as an expert in its field will become known to a broader audience.
For more information about how to successfully promote your business to a local market, contact a CT marketing agency experienced in .