1. The Stonington Free Library hosts a Drop In Story Time for children up to two-years-old today at 10:30 a.m., and for children ages three to six today at 11:30 a.m. Stop by for story time with books, finger plays and songs.
2. The Mystic & Noank Library, Bill Memorial Library and the Groton Public Library are looking for some good books to eat. The 7th Annual Edible Books Festival takes place on Sunday, April 7, 2013 at the Groton Public Library, but the libraries need edible book entries by March 28.
According to an announcement posted on Patch, an edible book can look like a book, be a pun on a title, refer to a character in a book or just have something to do with books. Anyone can create an edible entry. Contact the Friends of the Bill Memorial Library at 860-445-0392, the Groton Public Library Circle of Friends at 860-441-6750 or the Friends of the Mystic & Noank Library at 860-536-7721 for entry form and find more information at the International Edible Book Festival website.
3. Pawcatuck Little League sign-ups take place on March 3 at Pawcatuck Middle School from noon to 3 p.m. This year the Pawcatuck Little League and North Stonington Little League Majors Baseball are combing to form two Majors baseball divisions: American Majors for ages 11 to 12 and National Majors for ages 9 to 10. Find out more about the changes here and don’t forget to sign up on March 3.
4. Precision Fitness is moving. But not far, just over the state line to Westerly. According to an announcement posted on Patch, Precision Fitness is moving into a larger facility at 39 High Street in Westerly.
Stop by and see the new place on March 9 at 1 p.m., during the official open house and ribbon cutting. Visitors will have the chance to tour the new space and meet Precision Fitness’s staff.
5. The Mystic Hoxie Firehouse is hosting a family style pasta dinner to benefit Cindy Grant, an emergency dispatcher fighting multiple myeloma. She needs a stem cell transplant. The dinner will be held from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. on March 4 at the firehouse at 34 Broadway Avenue in Mystic. Tickets are $10 and available at Groton Emergency Dispatch, the Poquonnock Bridge Fire Department and the Mystic Fire Department.