1. Hope Springs The movie stars Meryl Streep, Tommy Lee Jones, Steve Carell and Stonington Borough. According to a press release from Mandate Pictures and the , the movie follows a woman named Kay (Streep) seeking to spice up her marriage. Kay and her husband (Jones) go to the town of Great Hope Springs (Stonington Borough) to meet a relationship guru (Carell) for “an intense week of marriage and sex therapy.” Remember to download your and watch for all the local places, people, and things in the movie.
2. I love scallops. They are definitely the way to my heart, and because of that the is my favorite library of the day. Tonight at 6:30 the library is hosting a free . Local authors Elaine and Karin Tammi will talk about their book Scallops: A New England Coastal Bookbook and will be offering tastings of some of the scallop recipes in the book.
3. Stonington has some amazing social media users. There is the Stonington Borough Facebook page providing information all things borough. Meanwhile keeps everyone informed of new business developments in town. But there isn’t anything stopping anyone else from being a social media guru. The Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut is holding a today at noon. Each month the chamber will hold a luncheon, which will feature question and answer sessions exploring new features and uses of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more. The free luncheons are only open to members of the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut. Registration is required and space is limited. To register, visit http://chamberect.com/chamber-activities.
4. Did you wake up to find some zucchini on your porch? August 8 is sneak some zucchini onto your neighbor’s porch day. It was established by Tom Roy of Pennsylvania to encourage the sharing of zucchini.
5. Today's thought: "The finest of pleasures are always the unexpected ones." —Erin Morgenstern