1. Stop by Ninety Nine Restaurant in Groton tonight and help out the Boys & Girls Club of Southeastern Connecticut. From 5 to 9 p.m. members of the Boys & Girls Club will be participating in TIP A Kid. All of the tips will be donated to the Boys & Girls Club of Southeastern Connecticut. If you can’t make it today you can help out all month-long but ordering Boys & Girls Club Sandwich or entrée, purchasing a commemorative bracelet for $5 or adding $1, $3, $5 or more to your guest check.
2. We subscribe to the idea that "news is a conversation." Much of our reporting will emanate from what readers tell us in e-mails, comments on our sites and in conversations around town. Share your thoughts and reactions to our articles by posting a comment directly below each story.
3. The Mystic Arts Center hosts “In the Pink” tonight from 6 to 8. The exhibit sponsored by the Breast Health Task Force of Southeastern Connecticut aims to raise awareness about early breast cancer detection and health. Adult tickets for the exhibit at $12 for non-members and $10 for members, children ages six to 12 get in for $2 and those five and under get in for free.
4. October 16 is Boss’s Day. In 1958 Patricia Bays Haroski created the holiday as a way to show appreciation to her boss who also happened to be her father.
5. Today's Thought: "It always seems impossible unite it is done." —Nelson Mandela