1. Today, is the last day to register in person for the August 14 primaries. In Connecticut you must be registered with either the Democratic or Republican party in order to vote in that particular primary. Anyone currently not registered to vote may register in the until noon today. If you have any questions about absentee ballots, please call the Town Clerk’s Office at 860-535-5060.
2. Review some kitchen basics with from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. The $20 per person, lecture style class will cover roasting, baking, sautéing, and frying.
3. It’s hard to interrupt summer days, but fall is approaching and with it there are a host of all activities to think about. The is taking reservations for at the Mendonca Soccer School. There will be training sessions for children ages four to seven, and children ages eight to 13. Soccer players 8 to 13 will also compete in the Mystic Valley Soccer League on the weekends. Visit www.thecomo.org for more information.
4. Madonna was born near Detroit, Michigan on August 16, 1958.
5. Today's Thought: "Earth laughs in flowers." — Ralph Waldo Emerson