1. Stop by the Mystic Arts Center between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. to see Young at Art, a showcase of artwork from local students ages 18 and younger. The show runs until March 16.
2. The monthly meeting of the Stonington Republican Town Committee takes place today at 7 p.m. at the Stonington Police Station meeting room. All registered Republicans are welcome to attend.
3. Head to the Mystic & Noank Library during the month of February to see recent works of art from the Mystic Photography Group.
4. If there's a young person doing great deeds in your neighborhood, and he or she is between the age of six and 18, nominate them for the Kohl’s Cares® Scholarship Program.
The program will distribute more than $420,000 in scholarships and prizes to young volunteers who work to improve their communities.
Nominees must be between the age of six and 18. Nominators must be at least 21. Nominations can be placed at kohlskids.com now through March 15.
5. The Mystic Hoxie Firehouse is hosting a family style pasta dinner to benefit Cindy Grant, an emergency dispatcher fighting multiple myeloma. She needs a stem cell transplant. The dinner will be held from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. on March 4 at the firehouse at 34 Broadway Avenue in Mystic. Tickets are $10 and available at Groton Emergency Dispatch, the Poquonnock Bridge Fire Department and the Mystic Fire Department.