With all of the tree trimming, cookie baking and partygoing, there is so much to do during the holidays that it's easy to leave shopping for Christmas presents until the last minute. But by then, the malls and chain stores are usually chaotic and the mere thought of battling crowds is exhausting.
Here are some ideas for easy gifts that can be bought locally and require little stress:
- Go to Nest and pick out some pretty bathroom soaps with a matching towel and soap stand for teachers, relatives and neighbors.
- Go to the Mystic Florist, Pot of Green Florist or Adam's Garden of Eden for festive, holiday-inspired bouquets, or wreaths with candles that would make nice centerpieces for a friend or neighbor’s Christmas dinner table.
- Go to Bank Square Books and pick out a few fun titles for the children in your family, or your kid’s friends.
- Go to Lis Bake Shop and order a festive cake or box of cookies that would be a delicious complement to holiday dinners.
- Go to Hair Unique, Elizabeth's Hair Studio, or Rob Rivers The Salon and Spa and give someone in your life who needs a little relaxation a gift certificate.
What are some of your own last-minute gift ideas?