Alright, I know I said earlier in the week that we would we'll unveil a new look for Patch today, but that new look is going to have to wait until mid-January. Think of it as your after holiday present. I'm still super excited, because come mid-January you’ll be able to:
- Personalize Stonington-Mystic Patch by following groups. A few clicks makes your local news feed custom-fit to the topics you care about. Police blotter and shelter pets? Taxes and restaurant reviews? Why not?
- Better organize your day by creating groups of your own. Use Patch to plan a rec sports league or school fundraiser. Everyone can finally be on the same page—literally.
- Experience a better mobile Patch. We know you live on your smartphone—so we put everything you love about Patch in a smaller, more portable package.
- Share comments and photos more intuitively and much, much faster.
- Turn any blog or opinion piece into a mini-community of interest, complete with followers of your very own.
The Olde Mistick Village has some great shops to explore if you’re still looking for gifts. This week Patch caught up with Stephen Clement the owner of Semolina Pasta Shop and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. . And if buying Made-In-America is important to you Elizabeth & Harriet has you covered.
Lawrence + Memorial Hospital is planning major capital expenditures for 2013. Speakers at their annual meeting said hospital is working to adapt to changing health care situation.
The appointment of a new member to the Stonington Police Commission will have to wait until at least next week while the town decides on a political party question.
Catch up on some of the blog posts we had this week The Story of the Three Little Pigs and Christmas 2012 by Richard Froh, A Commercialized Christmas by Tom Santos, by Desiree Subotic and The Christmas Story: Where All Your Dreams Can Come True by the
Thanks so much to C. Kramer Interiors, The Finer Line Gallery, Angel Haven and Quality Woodwork for recently claiming their directory listings on Patch. If you have a business in Stonington, Mystic or Pawcatuck that you want listed on Patch for free or want to claim email Editor Bree Shirvell.
We covered lots more this week and throughout the weekend, so search the site for other stories, follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates and check out our calendar to see what's happening next week in town.