A storm that slid off the East coast on Tuesday is now a powerful nor'easter spinning off the New Jersey coast. The storm is unleashing high winds and a chilly rain with coastal flooding a serious concern. High winds could add further stress to tree limbs across our area. Please continue to take precautions with this storm also.
- FEMA coming to Stonington to the Human Services Building on Friday Nov. 9 noon to 8 p.m.),Saturday Nov. 10 (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.) and Sunday Nov. 11 (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Landfill closed to public today as we process branches and trees, Opening Thursday and continue to have brush/storm debris waived till November 12
- TVCCA is at Human Services today for Oil Assistance applications
- Highway crews continue to clean up various streets throughout the town of debris.
- Westerly/Pawcatuck Veterans Day Parade is still scheduled for November 10 at 9:30am in Pawcatuck
- I am working with Human Services to come up with a Halloween event for our town on November 16. I will keep you updated.
- Town Government meetings are now reinstated to there regular schedules
- Town Hall is open
Any storm related questions feel free to contact dispatch at 860-599-4411 or EOC Help Desk at 860-599-7583