A press release from Groton Town Police regarding parking restrictions for the :
The Groton Town Police Department announces the issuance of a Temporary No Parking Order, and road closures for Saturday and Sunday, in downtown Mystic. The Temporary No Parking Order and road closures are in conjunction with the Mystic Outdoor Art Festival.
The Temporary No Parking Order will be start at 4:00 AM on Saturday , and end at 8:00PM on the Sunday.
The order will encompass parts of the following streets:
- West Main Street: from the Drawbridge to Bank St.
- Water Street: from West Main St., to New London Rd.
- High St.: Between New London Rd. & West Main St,.
- New London Rd: Between West Main St. & Latham St.
- Bank St.
- Cliff St: West of Pearl St.
- Edgecomb St: Extending a portion of the road west, from Burrows St
In addition, the following traffic restrictions will be in effect during the show:
- Water Street will be closed to vehicular traffic, from West Main St., to the Steamboat Wharf parking lot.
- Pearl Street will open to Northbound traffic only.
- Gravel Street will be open to Southbound traffic only.
Heavy traffic conditions in and around the downtown Mystic section are anticipated and motorists should expect delays.