On November 8, 2011 Stonington will hold its municipal election. Stonington-Mystic Patch asked each candidate to answer a questionnaire to give residents information about his or her background. For additional election coverage visit Elections 2011.
Name: Cynthia Ladwig
Party Affliation: Democrat endorsed by both parties.
Address: 247 North Anguilla Rd. in Pawcatuck
Employment (if retired, when and from what): Fourteen years as Town Clerk, 34 years employed in the S.
Incumbent? (if yes, first elected when): Yes, 1997
Civic experience (appointments, non-profits):
- Historic Documents Preservation Advisory Board member
- New London County Vice President - 2007-2009
- CTCA Executive Board - 2007-2009
- CTCA Conference Committee - 2002-2011
- CTCA Vendor Chair - 2002-2011
- Cott Advisory Board member - 2010 - to present
- Notary Public for State of Connecticut
- Director on the Mystic Area Shelter & Hospitality Board (the mission of MASH is to end family homelessness, one family at a time.