1. The Eastern Chamber of Commerce presents a , today , at 8 a.m. at Raymour & Flanigan Furniture. The event, free to chamber members, is a part of a series featuring conversations with CEOs in the region. Space is limited and pre-registration is requested. For more information contact The Eastern Chamber of Commerce at 860-701-9113 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Join “Relayers Gone Rogue" at Mel's Downtown Creamery and support Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. Today from 6 to 9 p.m. 20 percent of sales will be donated to support team "Relayers Gone Rogue" and Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, and $5 from every adult t-shirt and $3 from every child's t-shirt sold will also be donated to the cause.
3. On Saturday October 13, Stonington-Mystic Patch, Groton Patch and the Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce are holding a cash mob in downtown Mystic. Ten great local businesses are participating in the event and many of them will have specials for mobsters. We are taking advanced registrations on Patch. All you need to register is your email address and zip code, and be willing to spend at least $20 on Saturday, October 13 in downtown Mystic. For questions email Stonington-Mystic Patch Editor Bree Shirvell.
4. The tuxedo made it’s debut on Oct. 10, 1886.
5. Today's thought: "Never love anybody who treats you like you're ordinary." —Oscar Wilde