1. Hurricane Sandy interrupted business for Studio M at 29 Cottrell St. in Mystic. The shop is closed while repairs are being made, but there will be a grand re-opening scheduled in December. For more information contact: Mara Gillen Beckwith at 860-536-5000.
2. Deck your house out with wreaths and holiday décor with the help of the Westerly Public Library this Saturday, December 1. From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., the Westerly Public Library is hosting a wreath and holiday arrangement workshop. The event is free and materials will be provided, but it is suggested that participants bring clippers, scissors, floral containers, decorations, and ribbon.
3. Shout out to Allstate - Robert M. Phillips, Mystic Auto Center and Adam Tamsky Fine Art for recently claiming their business listings. Do you own a small business in Stonington, Mystic or Pawcatuck? Owners or managers should search for their business listing and select "claim your listing" in order to make updates to the page. A form will pop up asking for your name, contact information, and proof of ownership.
Within a few days, someone from Patch will contact you to verify your authenticity, and then you'll be approved as the business owner. Once approved, you'll have a "Manage Your Listing" button on the top of your Directory page. Click the button to be taken to your dashboard.
4. Winston Churchill was born on Nov. 30, 1874 in Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire, England.
5. Today's thought: "To try to be better is to be better." —Charlotte Cushman