1. The Mystic Farmers Market is back this Tuesday afternoon. From 2 to 5 p.m., stop by the market at for fresh vegetables and breads. And don’t forget the Stonington Village Farmers Market is outdoors on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to noon. Missing the Denison Farm Market? That market kicks off it’s season on June 3 and Patch will be there to help them celebrate so mark your calendars.
2. Join the for live music and art tonight at 6. Bluesy acoustic guitar trio John Fries and the Heat will be playing on the back patio during tonight’s and local artist Chris Fiftal will be there screen-printing t-shirts. Fiftal recently opened his shop on Pearl Street. The and Cottrell Brewing Co., will provide refreshments. Tickets are $10.
3. Today is your last chance to give your nominations for Yachting Magazine "50 Best Waterfront Towns" competition. And even though Mystic isn’t really a town it made the 2011 list, so let’s make 2012 a winning year. Oxford, Md., took the top spot in Yachting's competition last year. Submit your nomination for "Best Waterfront Town" of 2012 here.
4. The French and Indian War or Seven Years War began on May 15, 1756. The war ended in 1763 when the Hubertusbury treaties were signed.
5. Today's thought: "A friend can tell you things you don't want to tell yourself." —Frances Ward Weller