1. The New London County Food Policy Council recently launched the Eat Local Thanksgiving Pledge. Those who take the pledge are committing to incorporating one locally grown or produced item into their Thanksgiving meal. This weekend there are two opportunities to pick up some locally grown and produced items. On Saturday, the Winter Stonington Farmers Market takes place at the Stonington COMO. And on holds a special pre-thanksgiving market.
2. Area artisans return for the 4th Annual Holiday Arts and Craft Show at La Grua Center this Saturday, Nov. 17. The show is free and open to the public from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will be art and crafts items for sale if you want to get some holiday shopping done.
3. In the Stonington-Mystic Patch Directory you can browse through the restaurants in Stonington, Mystic and Pawcatuck and then write a review. Simply click 'Rate this Business' underneath the business name on the listing.
4. The first movie in the Harry Potter series debuted on Nov. 16, 2001.
5. Today's thought: "I know of no way of judging the future but by the past." —Patrick Henry