1. Have you stopped by the and checked out the historic postcard exhibit? Carol Sommer and friends mounted a display of postcards from the Stanton-Davis Homestead. Today from 4 to 5 p.m. the library will host a reception for the historic postcard exhibit. See if you can spot the places from Watch Hill, Westerly, Stonington and more in the postcards.
2. The takes places from Sept. 15 to Sept. 16 at the . The rain or shine event takes place from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days. Today, is the last day to by advanced tickets for $12 per person otherwise tickets at the gate will be $15. Visit www.stoningtonvineyards.com for more information and to buy tickets.
3. We want to say “good morning!” to you every morning. That's what the daily Patch email newsletter is all about. Every morning, as you're rising to start your day, we send you the latest local headlines, events, blogs, photos and community tidbits—right to your inbox, free of charge. Getting it is easy. Just go to stonington.patch.com/newsletters. Type your email address and click "Sign Up." That's it! Get ready to say good morning with Patch.
4. On her talk show Oprah Winfrey gave about 300 brand new Pontiac G-5 sedans to everyone in audience. But the cars weren’r really free the winners of the car still needed to pay federal and state income taxes on the cars which ended up being about $6,000 for most people.
5. Today's thought: "I like the night. Without the dark, we'd never see the stars." —Stephenie Meyer