1. It's Holiday Craft Week at the Stonington Free Library. Stop in during normal library hours and make a special holiday craft.
2. Pay your overdue fines in food during the month of December at the Mystic & Noank Library. From now until Dec. 21, the library is forgiving any late fees in return for non-perishable food items equivalent to the value of the fine. Food will be donated to the Groton Social Services and the Pawcatuck Neighborhood Center. For more information, call 860-536-7721 or email email@example.com.
3. Local author Lisa Saunders gives a presentation on her new book the Mystic Seafarer’s Trail at the Mystic & Noank Library tonight at 6:30. The evening, hosted by the Friends of the Mystic & Noank Library, includes a PowerPoint presentation of "The 7 Wonders of Mystic," light refreshments, and a book signing. A portion of book sales will benefit the library. To read an excerpt from the book visit Saunders’s Patch Blog.
4. What’s the best purchase you ever made at a local small business?
5. Today's thought: "A year from now you may wish you had started today."—Karen Lamb