1. Drop in and make a plate at the Stonington Free Library. Plates cost $7 each and the library is also collecting canned or dry goods to donate to the Pawcatuck Neighborhood Center for their Thanksgiving baskets.
2. We want to say “good morning!” to you every morning. That's what the daily Patch email newsletter is all about. Every morning, as you're rising to start your day, we send you the latest local headlines, events, blogs, photos and community tidbits—right to your inbox, free of charge. Getting it is easy. Just go to stonington.patch.com/newsletters. Type your email address and click "Sign Up." That's it! Get ready to say good morning with Patch.
3. The Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce is seeking boats for the 10th Annual Mystic Holiday Boat Parade. The annual event takes place on Saturday, Nov. 25, 2012. Applications to participate are available by emailing or calling Alexa Shelton at 860-572-9578, firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. If you didn’t clean out your refrigerator during Hurricane Sandy, today is your chance. According to Holiday Insights, Nov. 15 is always Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day.
5. Today's thought: "Life is too short to work so hard." —Vivien Leigh