1. Today Mel's Downtown Creamery and the Big Kahuna make their TV debuts. Mel's Downtown Creamery will be featured on Better Connecticut, WFSB Channel 3 at 3 p.m as part of the "Summer Getaway" segment.
2. Looking for fast information and photos during the storm, like us on Facebook/StoningtonPatch. We'll post updates and photos as we get them, and encourage the community to share information on closures and potential trouble spots. Make sure the Facebook App is on your smart phone too, just in case the power does goes out.
3. If you have relevant information to add to an article, jump in and make a comment. We’ll follow up and likely add it to the article. These storm stories will continue to evolve as we speak to more officials and locals. You can be a real-time source by commenting.
4. Justice of the Peace Marie Tyler Wiley will perform free wedding services on Valentine's Day from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Meeting House at the Olde Mistick Village.
While the wedding ceremony is free couples must bring an official marriage license from the Town of Stonington. Town hall is open between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
For more information, call Wiley at 860-536-8808 or by email at Marie@ACTJusticeofthePeace.com.
5. Today is National Girl Scout Cookie Day. According to an announcement posted on Patch, "Girl Scouts in Connecticut and throughout the nation are celebrating Friday, February 8, as National Girl Scout Cookie Day, in honor of the skills learned through the $790-million national Cookie Program." If haven't yet purchased Girl Scout Cookies this year or if you just want to order some more visitwww.gsofct.org and click on “Looking for Cookies” to find out where to buy some cookies.