1. Wheeler High School Class of 2004 and Margaritas are holding a fundraiser for the Perry Family tonight. Stop by anytime beginning at 4 p.m., and 15 percent of your bill including food and drink will be donated to the Chelsea Groton Bank Perry Family Fund.
2. The B.F. Hoxie Engine Company runs a fish fry at the Mystic Fire Department on Fridays between 5 and 8 p.m. Each Friday through March 29, at the Holy Ghost fish and chips begin at noon and go to 7:30 p.m. And at St. Edmund’s Retreat at Enders Island the Lenten Fish Fry is in conjunction with the annual Stations of the Cross. Fish fry dinners take place at 5 p.m. and at 6:30 p.m.
3. Registration for Stonington Public Schools Kindergarten for the 2013-2014-school year takes place on Monday, March 25 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and Wednesday March 27, from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., at Deans Mill school and West Vine Street School. If you have questions prior to registration call Deans Mill School at 860-535-2235 or West Vine Street School at 860-599-5832.
4. Community Partners in Action (CPA), welcomes five new board members including one member from Noank. The newest members of CPA's Board, are:
- Hon. Antonio C. Robaina, Connecticut Superior Court
- Hon. Jane Grossman, Family Support Magistrate
- Jessie Stratton, Department of Energy & Environmental Protection
- LaReese Harvey, A Better Way Foundation
- James Tillman, Capital Region Education Council, Connecticut Innocence Project Exoneree and student at Goodwin College
5. Stonington Public Schools recently announced that Teacher of the Year nominations will be accepted through Thursday, March 28.
According to the Stonington Public Schools website, those interested in nominating an educator must fill out the nomination form and turn it in to the school Career Incentive representative or to the school office.
Have a nominee in mind?