1. The is holding a on Saturday, Feb. 11, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 ($5 for those 10 and under) and get you a bowl, spoon, bread, butter, drink and homemade dessert. Take a picture of your favorite soup and upload it to our neighborhood gallery or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy eating.
2. Take a drive to Chester for the . The show entitled “Summer Dreams,” opened on Feb. 1 and features more than 200 paintings. Gallery hours are Wednesday to Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
3. If you were getting a special someone a cupcake for Valentine’s Day where would you get that cupcake? Our February edition of Food Fight started on their favorite cupcake spots in the comments, on Facebook and Twitter. Now, it’s time to vote and declare the winner of the Stonington-Groton Cupcake Food Fight.
4. Lindley Garrison resigned as U.S. secretary of war on Feb. 10, 1916. His resignation followed disagreements with President Woodrow Wilson.
5. Today's thought: "Silences make the real conversations between friends. Not the saying but the never needing to say is what counts"—Margaret Lee Runbeck.