1. Mystic resident Tim Evers will share his experiences on a at 6:30 p.m., at the . Evers and several other Mystic residents went to Haiti for a five-day trip. Learn what Haiti is like two years after the 7.0 magnitude earthquake and what obstacles to the country’s recovery remain.
2. The Blue Monday Concert series begins today with The Duke Robillard Band. Stop by the from 6 to 8 p.m. for the free concert series. The Jazz Band will perform during intermission. In case of rain the concert will take place at the German Club, 54 Greenmanville Ave., in Mystic, Conn.
3. The recently announced the officers for the 2012-13 year. The officers are Nancy Parker, President; Pat Houser, Vice President; Cathy Mauritz, Treasurer; DeDe Wirth, Assistant Treasurer; Cindy Modzelewski, Recording Secretary and Diane Ducharme, Corresponding Secretary. The Mystic Woman’s Club is a member of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs of Connecticut.
4. ‘Ask the Man Who Owns One.’ It was the slogan of American luxury car the Packard. The last one was produced on June 25, 1956.
5. Today's thought: "Simplicity is natures first step, and the last of art."—Philip James Bailey