1. Head to the beginning at noon for fish & chips, scallops and more seafood dishes. A full menu is available at www.holyghostclub.com. Or join the for a fish fry from 5 to 8 p.m. The fish fry is one of the engine company biggest fundraisers of the year. Happy Eating
2. Do you love a parade? If the answer is yes, make sure you head to New London on Saturday March 17 for the 1 p.m., start of the annual Irish Parade. Adding to the green this year will be Patch, which is a sponsor of the event. Patchers will be marching in the parade, and hurling our signature green t-shirts into the crowd, so make sure you go!
3. We want to say “good morning!” to you every morning. That's what the daily Patch email newsletter is all about. Every morning, as you're rising to start your day, we send you the latest local headlines, events, blogs, photos and community tidbits—right to your inbox, free of charge. Getting it is easy. Just go to stonington.patch.com/newsletters. Type your email address and click "Sign Up." That's it! Get ready to say good morning with Patch.
4. Texas Highway 69 became the first highway to have an Adopt-a-Highway sign on it on March 9, 1985.
5. “Good company and good discourse are the very sinews of virtue”—Izaak Walton