1. Justice of the Peace Marie Tyler Wiley will perform free wedding services on Valentine's Day from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Meeting House at the Olde Mistick Village.
While the wedding ceremony is free couples must bring an official marriage license from the Town of Stonington. Town hall is open between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
For more information, call Wiley at 860-536-8808 or by email at Marie@ACTJusticeofthePeace.com.
2. Stonington High School was scheduled to host a course scheduling night tonight at 7 in the commons. The information session has been postponed due to the school closing. The information session is for parents of students currently in grades 9 to 11. Administrators from the high school will provide parents with information about course scheduling for the 2013-2014 school year and will address the following questions:
- How should students select their courses?
- What new courses are being offered at SHS?
- How can my student earn college credits while attending SHS?
- What is the proper of sequence of core courses in grades 9-12?
- How many credits of each subject does my student need to graduate?
3. The Greater Westerly-Pawcatuck Area Chamber of Commerce is taking sponsorship forms for the 15th Annual Pawcatuck River Duck Race.
On Saturday, April 27 more than 20,000 rubber ducks will be dropped in the Pawcatuck River. The corporate race takes place at 1 p.m. and the main race at 1:30 p.m. Docks cost $5 each and the race benefits a number of local charities.
For information and/or to sponsor a duck contact the Greater Westerly-Pawcatuck Area Chamber of Commerce at 401-596-7761 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. If you're having a had time figuring out what to get that special someone Patch posted the following question on our Facebook page hoping to get some gift ideas: “If my significant other REALLY loved me, he or she would go to this local store ____________ and buy me ____________ for Valentine's Day. Check out some of the comments.
5. Head to the Mystic & Noank Library during the month of February to see recent works of art from the Mystic Photography Group.